SEO and Adwords both are important tools of digital marketing. Both SEO and AdWords are really important for website traffic. If you want to run your AdWords by yourself you need to have a basic SEO knowledge otherwise you will not get high ad rank for your ad.
SEO is an abbreviation from search engine optimization and its main goal is providing high user experience to your audience and focusing on optimizing the website content for search engines.
Online marketing strategies like search engine optimization (SEO) and content marketing can boost your website’s visibility and improve your search engine rankings. If your website and pages are SEO optimized and your content is of high-quality, you will inevitably rank higher in SERPs
Adwords is an advertising platform created by Google that makes it possible for marketers to run Digital Ads and to position your advertisement on the top or right-hand side of the search results pages on Google and other affiliate websites. SEO can help you to increase traffic to your website without any paid ads. If you are an entrepreneur then you must go with SEO rather than Google Ads for long-lasting traffic.
Search Engine Optimization helps you get natural higher rank in the organic search results. Properly implemented SEO optimizes your site in terms of keywords, content, links, and other technical aspects.
Difference between SEO and AdWords
- Adwords is a Google platform and for websites that use Google Adsense while SEO principles are applicable for all search engines.
- Adwords traffic is paid while SEO traffic is free
- Adwords ads appear at the top and bottom of Google Search results and you can get one of those ad positions under certain conditions, but with SEO you have to work much harder to get one of the top positions in the organic search results.
- Adwords is more immediate than SEO as you can build advertising campaigns almost immediately and begin to get targeted traffic while with SEO you need a lot more time to get good rankings and traffic, especially for new websites.
- It’s easier to calculate the ROI with Adwords while it’s harder with SEO because there are many more factors that play a part, not just ad spending and revenue.
- If you end your Google Ads promotions, it stops traffic, but once you start to get organic traffic with SEO, it will continue for a long time.
- You can target several keywords simultaneously with Adwords while you need to concentrate on a few keywords for best results with SEO.
Getting to know if a website is using Google Ads is surprisingly simple. All you need to do is search for anything that is related to the topics that the website you need to know and using Google’s search engine. If an ad sends a user to the website then we can say that you are getting good use of your money spent on Google AdWords.
SEO tools like SEM Rush or SpyFu are probably your best bet – they run lots of searches and will show you what ads they find for websites you are searching for, along with a rough estimate of what they spend.
Running a Google Ads campaign does not help your SEO rankings, however, Google ads can be helpful in connecting with a wider audience online.
For more ways to optimize your web presence and reach out to more customers, check out our blog.