Ecommerce has been rising progressively in the last few years. E-commerce is the activity of electronically buying or selling products on online services or over the Internet. Ecommerce has changed the way we shop, as we all know.
What is eCommerce?
E-commerce helps your business to sell your offered products and services to your customers all over the world.
What types of eCommerce model are Available?
According to Wikipedia Ecommerce covers a range of different types of businesses, from consumer-based retail sites, business exchanges trading goods and services between corporations. There are lots of types of eCommerce model.
Business to Consumer (B2C)
When a business sells a good or service to an individual consumer.
Business to Business (B2B)
When a business sells a good or service to another business.
Consumer to Consumer (C2C)
When a consumer sells a good or service to another consumer.
Consumer to Business (C2B)
When a consumer sells their own products or services to a business or organization.
Popular eCommerce Platforms
There are several good platforms that can help you to get your business online, but you must be sure that this platform is the right for you before investing your time, money as well as energy into it.
- WooCommerce is great for: WordPress users who needs a simple eCommerce option.
- Shopify is great for: New and seasoned business owners alike, looking for a solid, powerful eCommerce one-stop-shop. It comes with ready-made themes & multiple languages, abandoned carts recovering, a wide variety of payment gateways and automatic taxes. The price starts at $29.
- BigCommerce is great for: Businesses in search of quick growth and SEO optimization. It lets you manage shipping and payments, and even list your products on Amazon. The prices start at $ 29.95.
- Magento is great for: Small business owners and enterprise-level businesses alike. It comes with product stock management, email automation, multiple payment gateways and integrations with 3rd party solutions. You can manage various stores using a single solution.
- Volusion is great for: Coders/Developers (or very patient non-coders) willing to put more effort into building their site to save money.
- 3Dcart is good for: Smaller businesses and beginners interested in mobile/social selling.
- Wix – the platform doesn’t require you to have coding skills and comes with customizable templates. It lets you offer discounts and coupons as well as manage all your content using a single dashboard.
Some other eCommerce names worth mentioning are Squarespace, Prestashop, Opencart, ZenCart, etc. The choice of the platform entirely depends on your business needs.
Benefits of eCommerce?
There are numerous benefits available by taking your business online. Some of them are as follows:
- Faster buying/selling procedure, as well as easy to find products
- Buying/selling 24/7
- More reach to customers, there is no theoretical geographic limitations
- Low operational costs and better quality of services
- No need of physical company set-ups
- Easy to start and manage a business
- Customers can easily select products from different providers without moving around physically
- Exciting offers and shopping deals notifications
- Enhancement in digital products and services production
- Personalized customer experiences
Advantages of Having an E-commerce website
- 80% of online users uses internet to make online purchase
- Wider Audience reach
- Purchase decision are influenced by Ecommerce
- Ecommerce provides Convenience
- Search Engine Help you to gain new customers
- Store promotions becomes easy with Ecommerce
- Ecommerce can expand your brand name
- The ability to earn on holidays as well
- Boost conversion rates
The internet is no longer limited to searching for information or connecting with people but is a platform where you can also buy and sell products.
For more ways to optimize your web presence and reach out to more customers, check out our blog.