SEO is free and great for long term traffic while Pay Per Click or also called PPC is paid and good for bringing traffic quickly. PPC allows you to target your audience via search engine queries related to your products as you need to pay a certain amount to whenever your ad is clicked by any user.
Seo, or search engine optimization, is the process of getting your website optimized for select keywords through a variety of both on-site and off-site optimizations to help rank higher in major search engines (such as Bing, Google, and Yahoo).
SEO vs PPC
The most popular ad networks include Google AdWords and Facebook Ads.
- SEO results are more time consuming than PPC.
- You don’t have to pay any money for clicks on organic SEO results. Whereas for PPC results you need to pay a certain amount if someone clicks on your ads.
- PPC is a fast method to generate quality leads and traffic for any new business website. SEO generally takes time to rank high in SERP’s and requires a lot of continuous efforts.
- A well-optimized site can rank well on top keywords used in the website while PPC gives you the exposure even for a wider keyword variation including negative keywords.
- PPC guarantees your ad display on the top of the search engine while SEO results are not ceratin and take more time to rank higher.
- SEO is a more regular and continuous process as compared to Adwords. PPC results are displayed until you are running the ad campaigns. Once you stop your campaigns your site is out of SERP’s. While search engine optimization results last longer, you may experience a decrease in rankings when SEO is stopped.
Since both search engine optimization and PPC are different tools of digital marketing, it is always beneficial to utilize both techniques to get more traffic and quality leads to your web business.
PPC is better for quick, top of the page results and SEO is better for long-term Google ranking. If the budget is more of a concern and time is not then search engine optimization is better. Google Ads is better for you if you want to be number one at the search result like in a week or two. The best and proven strategy is to do both as they work together very well.
In the beginning, you can focus more on PPC to get top of page results quickly, then, as your SEO ranking improves you can lower your PPC budget accordingly. By now, you have a good understanding of what SEO is and how it differs from running a PPC campaign. This way you will not have any cracks in your online search strategy.
My personal thought is search engine optimization is better but it does take a lot more time in most instances.
While PPC advertising guarantees traffic and gets you much faster results than SEO, it can be very difficult to get a good return on investment on it, and if you’re doing PPC for the first time there’s a good chance you’ll lose money on it. PPC is in fact just as hard to get right as SEO, and you should not jump in blindly. If you’re going to manage your PPC advertising yourself instead of hiring a professional, it’s best to read and learn as much as you can before running a campaign. This is a good compilation of tips for running Google Ads from actual Google Ads advertisers, for example.
For more ways to optimize your web presence and reach out to more customers, check out our blog.