Getting web traffic to your blog or website is an ongoing process and it should be done regularly to do this task to get the traffic and keep it up. There are many ways you can generate and increase web traffic to your website.
Before we go into details you need to understand what is Search Engine Optimization and why it is important.
What does Search Engine Optimization (SEO) mean?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is increasing its search engine page rank by using specific methods to increase traffic to a website.
Why is SEO important in digital marketing?
Just to illustrate the importance of SEO will give you some statistics.
- 93% of consumers use search engines to make purchase decisions.
- 71% of business purchase decisions are started with a search engine.
- 70% of users click on organic results.
- 53% of organic search clicks go to the first link.
- 75% of users never click past the first page.
Type of Web Traffic
Web traffic can be divided into 2 categories:
- Paid Traffic
- Organic Traffic
Paid Traffic: This includes paid ads on search engines, social media networks, third party website which are related to your blog. You get results based on the amount you spend and once you stop the ads the traffic reduces drastically.
Organic Traffic: It takes time but the result you achieve will last longer. Before you start on any of the tactics, it’s important to first describe who your target market is, what your brand positioning should be and also know your competitors.
Here are 6 key strategies to make your blog content SEO friendly and grow your organic traffic
Increasing traffic to your blog organically has so many factors, here are just a few key strategies to make your blog content SEO friendly and grow your organic traffic:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social media sharing
- Hot trending topics
- Perform On-Page SEO. There are many SEO tactics you can perform to increase their rank in search engines and get more visitors.
- Get Listed in Online Directories.
- Post to Social Media.
- Include Hashtags in Your Posts.
- Use Landing Pages.
- Target Long-Tail Keywords.
- Start Email Marketing.
- Guest Blog.
For more ways to optimize your web presence and reach out to more customers, check out our blog.