YouTube has changed a lot since it went live. We all know that Google is the most popular search engine, in fact over 64,000 searches per second are generated through Google, but do you really know what’s the biggest search engine after Google? Forgot about Bing, Yahoo, AOL – the most popular search engine after Google is Youtube – the most popular video-sharing website in the world!
It doesn’t matter if you run a blog or an online store – there is always a need for traffic, especially if you want to grow your online business and SEO is one of the best ways to do this.
Most SEO experts don’t even know how the full potential of Youtube can help bring traffic to their website and that’s why YouTube is one of the most underutilized social media channels when it comes to marketing.
How SEO Works for Youtube
Remember that not every video will bring you traffic. Here are some key points you need to follow:
- You need quality content to rank on Youtube
- The best results can be achieved if you add quality and combine it with consistency
- You should be focused on a single niche
Any channel could grow as long as they provide quality material, YouTube SEO is your only chance to have some form of success if you are competing with bigger players in this area.
YouTube SEO: Where to begin?
Before we begin, here are some basic factors you need to understand that Google takes into consideration when ranking videos. Optimizing videos will produce great results, but you have to keep into consideration:
- Frequency of video upload – Regularly uploading new content keeps your channel fresh.
- Watch time – How long you can keep viewers engaged is taken into consideration.
- User engagement – YouTube likes their community to actively comment, like/dislike, and subscribe.
You can either target your keywords towards on YouTube by itself, bring traffic to your video by using Google to find video keywords, or you could find a popular keyword that will bring you traffic through Google and has a high CPC on YouTube.
Follow these instructions to optimize your Youtube videos for keywords.
- Include your keyword in the first five words of the video title
- Include your keyword in the first 25 words of the video description
- Make the description at least 250 words
- Include your keyword 2-4 times in the Youtube video description
- Add LSI keywords in your content to boost rankings further
- Your videos need to be properly optimized, edited and focused on a single topic
- Add keywords in video cards to get more clicks to the website. You can add only a single verified website to your channel
- Make sure to add a call to action within the video that makes people come to your website
Other important tips are the homepage feature video on your Youtube account always stays fresh. Don’t forget playlists.
Make sure the title, description, and tags describe what the video is about.
It’s hard to get visibility on YouTube if you don’t promote it or do proper SEO of YouTube videos. Today, YouTube is focusing more and more on the content’s originality, people are creating more videos & consuming even more. Contact Us to learn more about our YouTube Promotion Service.
Despite the fact that Google owns YouTube, Google Search does not share the same search algorithm with YouTube videos.
For more ways to optimize your web presence and reach out to more customers, check out the our blog.