Businesses are not only investing in SEO services but also partnering with SEO companies and prove for this is that the search engine optimization (SEO) industry is worth more than $72 billion today.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) can be described as a process that affects the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results. If your site appears more frequently in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including local search, image search, video search, voice search, news search, and industry-specific search engines.
Type of SEO?
In general, SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Editing the content, HTML and associated coding are require to optimizing a website to both increases its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Another SEO tactic is using a promotion to increase the number of backlinks or inbound links.
White Hat SEO
Ask your SEO company or SEO agency what type of strategies they use and have them explain it to you. Reputable companies will have no problem answering your questions and explaining the details of their strategy.
The practices using in the White Hat SEO techniques take time to show results but the results-driven are much more lasting in their approach.
It’s important to have some basic knowledge and research your prospective SEO companies wisely, and what SEO services and techniques they are using. If you have any questions about our SEO strategy, feel free to contact us.
Black Hat SEO
Black Hat SEO refers to the practices of unethical SEO strategies, techniques, and tactics that focus only on search engines and not a human audience, and usually, these practices are not following the guidelines provided by Google’s algorithms and Google overall.
Good SEO practices should focus on strengthening the following areas on your website:
- Technical SEO – ensuring that a search engine can crawl, explore and read your content. Additionally, site speed, adaptability, and responsiveness is also a key factor in technical SEO. This begins with website design and development.
- Content – content marketing is the most forward-looking, long-term and scalable way to promote your business organically. All content on a website should be optimized to aid a customer’s journey to conversion.
- On-page SEO – a well-structured content hierarchy, aided by targeted keywords, descriptive URLs, metatags and strong CTAs aids good user experience and optimization.
- Off-page SEO – external link-building and connecting your existing content to the vast internet will build authority and drive traffic.
What is Included in SEO Services
An SEO agency that practices white-hat methods of SEO will do the following SEO services for your business:
- Conduct a website audit and analyze your existing site structure, content, strengths, and weaknesses
- Create a strategic plan that addresses these weaknesses and works on improving your site attractiveness
- Research into the main keywords that will work for your business
- Optimization of existing web pages and content to make them crawlable for search engines. This will include meta tags, descriptions, image optimization, URL restructuring and much more.
- Optimization of website structure, code, and speed
- Managing local optimization and external links to spread awareness
- Track changes in performance through SEO reports such as google analytics and keyword rankings
- Conduct tests and tweak strategy in order to improve performance in SEO
A great SEO agency will keep you informed and make you part of the process, with regular reports and updates on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
For more ways to optimize your web presence and reach out to more customers, check out our blog.